Though Bollywood (I seriously don’t have an issue using this word) witnessed a number of music releases in the last one month, it was just Jashnn and Kaminey that stood out. Kambakkt Ishq had just one decent number (the RDB version of the title song), but again it was just the interludes that made it exciting; the song was soo bland ! and please, don’t even make me write about the movie ! If you love yourself, please don’t go watch it! It doesnt even deserve to be watched in a pirated CD ! Barring Shruti Haasans version of 'Luck Aazma' from Luck, the rest of the soundtrack is a disaster; then again, even that song is passable. The other major disappointing albums were Love Aaj Kal and Shortkut; the former because of the expectation from the Imtiaz Ali-Pritam combination and the latter for the undisputable track record of Shankar Ehsaan Loy. Again, to each their own; I am aware of people who are in love with the songs of Love Aaj Kal. Jashnn has some real good songs, 'Tere Bin', 'Aaye Re' and the two pakistani band songs, 'Dard-E-Tanhai' and 'Main Chala' are my favourites; try listening to them if you havnt yet. And whaaat an album Kaminey is !!!! 'Daan Ta Naan' is soon going to be an anthem !!! 'Fatak', 'Pehli Baar Mohabbat', 'Raat Ki Dhai Baje' and the title track; all are equally good !
I had to place 'Oh Divya' from Maasilamani (Tamil) in this list though the album released somewhere in May. This song is surprisingly good, considering the fact that it came out from D.Imman and I simply loved the way Shaan rendered it.
Now, if you are a real music lover, who would go beyond the boundaries of language, do listen to the songs of Aayirathil Oruvan (Tamil) and Kalavaramaaye Madhilo (Telugu). The songs of Ayirathil Oruvan simply grow on you, especially the one mentioned here and the semi classical ones (Thaai Thindra Mannu). and the title song of Kalavaramaaye Madhilo is easily one of the best melodies I have ever listened to. Take a bow Chitra; now I know how an angel sounds like !!!
1. All the songs of Kaminey (Hindi) – Music : Vishal Bharadwaj
2. Indha Paadai – Aayirathil Oruvan (Tamil) – Music : G.V. Prakash Kumar
3. Kalavaramaaye Madhilo – Kalavaramaaye Madhilo (Telugu) – Music : Sharreth Vasudevan (Asianets Idea Star Singer judge and Keralas most under rated music director)
4. Sehari – Oy (Telugu) – Music : Yuvan Shankar Raja
5. Tere Bin – Jashnn (Hindi) – Music : Toshi Sharib
6. Kannil Theriyum – Angaadi Theru (Tamil) – Music : G.V. Prakash Kumar
7. Chor Bazaari – Love Aaj Kal (Hindi) – Music : Pritam
8. Tu Ne Jo Na Kahaa – New York (Hindi) – Music : Pritam
9. O Divya – Maasilamani (Tamil) – Music : D. Imman
10. Kuzhaloothum Poonthennale – Brahmaram (Malayalam) – Music : Mohan Sithara