Jul 15, 2008

Happy Birthday !

Happy Bday to you,
Happy Bday to you,
Happy Bdayyy to V-Lokam,
Happy Bday to youuuuu !!!!

Was confused to celebrate this as a blog-erssary or a birthday, but I guess a Bday sounds more appropriate. This space in the World Wide Web (as how Optimus Prime puts it in the Transformers movie) has not changed ever since I started it, except for the missing in-depth movie reviews and the inclusion of my songs in karaoke. Of course, it was earlier named as Vlog (the change in name is explained here) and had one of the Bloggers default black backdrop.

V-Lokam has made a considerable difference in my personal life. I have spent so much of my otherwise wasted time here and I must admit, I really enjoyed it. To be frank, I am not good at this writing thing, but with whatever that I am doing now, I am contended. And my 'writing skills' have only improved ever since I started spending time here. The other great thing that has happened in my life is that I am being recognised for my songs which was attempted only with an intention of uploading it here. I do have a good news now thats related to the songs but I would prefer making an announcement once its through; probably by the end of next week. Also, I am happy to be a part of the blogosphere now with a couple of blogmates; the interaction is indeed fun.

I am not elongating this post (atleast this one!); I take this opportunity to thank each one of you who has encouraged me till now through this blog with their regular comments especially Reeta, Rakesh, Soneeta and Poonam. And for people who visit and leave without commenting (for example by brother, who used to comment long back under the name Saintly Sinner); I would appreciate if you would key in your thoughts too.

A final biiiig thanks to everyone for keeping V-Lokam alive.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

V-lokam is alive just because of your efforts... the regular visitors and comments are just the indication of how lively your blog is... btw, happy birthday to you - vimu's blog. mine is not half as old as yours... so it'll be some time before my blog sings for itself... :D have a nice time and keep it coming...

Veena said...

Happy B'day V-lokam. Enda, puthiya patt onum illalo?? Hoping to hear the good news soon..As I always say, keep the good work going..
"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has courage to lose sight of the shore."

All the best..
Veena (Chechi :))

Vee said...

Hey Vimmuuu Boy, Many Happy Returns Of The Day.. Have Fun Macha. And dare you reply to comments today. Enjoy, have fun today..:)

vimmuuu said...

@ Harsha : Thanks a lot, that was very encouraging.

@ Veena : Thanks a lot.Will upload some soon. Ya, will keep you posted on the good news.

@ Oxy : Thanks a lot, but its not my Bday, its V-Lokams.

Reets said...

Hey Vimmuuu,
Bonne Anniversaire to vimmu's lokam--- oops v lokam.. May this blog become more popular.On March 18th,2008 it crossed 1000 visitors and on June 14th,2008,the visitors count touched 2000. This clearly shows how popular the blog is getting day by day....I am so happy its being read by so many people.. The main reason for all this goes to the hardwork put forth by my friend Vimmuuu and I must say that his articles are definitely worth a read; and as for his songs they are mind blowing.. For people who have not visited his blog as yet...THEY R REALLY MISSING OUT ON SUMTHING....!! Keep up the good work going....Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your blog, dude!! Congratulations!! How old is it?

Poonam Sharma said...

Happy birthday, V-lokam :)

Oh I like your writing skills. I enjoyed that why post a lot. It was a good example of subtle sarcasm.

And you know what blogmate, I must thank that Jodha-Akbar movie to find V-lokam. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day V-lokam...we all need a treat for your turning one...how about a song rendered by you to mark this occassion...ladies and gentlemen please put your hands together for VIMAL......we are waiting.....!!!!!!!

Vee said...

And I was thinking that V-Lokam is u and u talking in third person (quite possible as I do that often).. Anyways mistake ho gaya..

Here I go again..

Happy B'day to V-Lokam...

vimmuuu said...

@ Reets : Thanks a lot reets, that was one hell of a comment ! and its birthday, not anniversary; I have mentioned that in the beginning of the post!! Btw, you seem to be having a good record of the statistics, thanks.

@ Mirrorcracked : Thanks buddy. Its one year old.

@ Poonam : Thanks a lot blogmate. Yup, we should thank JA, guess thats the only good thing happened after watching the movie. Infact, I got to know a lot of other fellow bloggers through you.

@ Morenita : Thanks buddy ! well, you asked for it, will upload one very soon. hehehe.

@ Oxy : Thanks once again. V - Lokam actually means - Our( V was We) World; and Im also obsessed with the letter 'v'.

Anonymous said...

hi,
And a hearty wish to v-lokam.it is really nice to hear dt it completed 1yr.your blog is really a gr8 way to spend time.i still go through your old posts and sometimes think how can u write somuch about nothing and dt too so good.good job..keep it up.and juz for a bit of encouragement for v-lokam..while downloading songs from the net ur top10 list r d 1st preference and thy r really good...u have come a long way and thr is still a long way 2 go.good luck.we r all waiting for some more crazy posts.

Poonam Sharma said...

@Vimal: In fact I found many other bloggers through you

Good bloggers always find like-minded, you only have to look. :) I like what you write! :)

Vee said...

Vimmuuu,

Yes 'V' rocks.. so did u decipher the name yet? I left clue in my section. Not that it is tough to crack... That wud be my nick name and I am called eeV... now again follow the same rule.. :)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday ..
V-lokam
keep writing..
and sing urselves to glory :)

vimmuuu said...

@ Soneeta : "how can u write so much about nothing" hmmmm...thanks, that was nice !!! Also thanks for the encouragements.

@ Poonam : Thats right! and I am glad I found you all.

@ Oxy : So your names Vicky; again a KBK,huh?

@ Arvind : Thanks buddy.Im already singing !!

mystiquedew said...

HapPy HaPpY B'day...

:)

mystiquedew said...

HapPy HaPpY B'day...

:)

vimmuuu said...

@ mystique:

Thanks a lot for the wishes; that too twice :)

Rakesh said...

http://www.123greetings.com/view/7LX20718114848611

theSaintlySinner said...

Yeda..Yeda...
Whats up with the comment on me not leaving a comment,eh? I've been trying to reach you for the past three / four days now - i'm getting the inflow from dad on whats your progress.
Proud of you bro...and so I ain't revealin much out here. But like you mentioned, probably this blog might be the one that might end up making the biggest difference in your life till date. Keep your fingers crossed. And taking the name of theSaintlySinner in irrelevant contexts!

vimmuuu said...

@ Rakesh : Thanks a lot. That was one cute card! Btw, good remix of the age old bday song!

@ theSaintlySinner : Yeaah! I made you leave a comment at last. Thanks.